Today I made a dog toy from some old ties. I have had the ties in my fabric stash for a very long time, because i couldn’t think of anything to do with them (that didn’t involve, you know, actual time consuming effort) and yet surely, ONE DAY, I could do SOMEthing with them.
Today was THAT DAY.
Last week I made the first tie dog toy for my boy Moose, out of three ties plaited together. it worked great, but was a little thin. Today i wanted to see if I could ramp up the action a bit for his more active siblings, so I took FIVE ties, braided them together and added in one of their existing Kong toys for added flavour.
So far it’s a huge hit! We’ll see how it stands up to more rigourous testing over the next few weeks and if it passes the test I will be making more of these. I also want to experiment with some denim ones because my fabric cupboard is also full of old jeans (because one day they will come in handy!)